- CHRISTMAS EVE IN ALLISTON: We invite you to a relaxed coffeehouse-style evening on Christmas Eve from 6:30pm - 7:30pm in the beautiful lobby of the Gibson Centre. All ages will enjoy the music, homemade Christmas treats and a brief Christmas meditation, helping us connect in a fresh way with the Christmas story.
- THE BIBLE 101: The Bible is a big book and reading it can seem a bit daunting, especially if you’re not sure where to start. It’s also a very important book. It has had a huge impact on the world – socially, morally, politically – and even on the language we use. If you want to find out what the Bible is all about, and how it can change the world, this course is for you. Please sign up by January 1 2020 if you plan to attend. You can just sign up for the first week, and we will know you are registering for all 4 dates. There is a study book with a cost of $10 for this course.
- FALL NEWSLETTER: To read our Fall Newsletter, CLICK HERE. If you'd like to sign up for our newsletters, click the link at the bottom of our home page.
- HOME CHURCH SIGNUPS: Home church signups are online. For more information and to sign up for a Home Church, CLICK HERE.
- ONLINE GIVING: We now have online giving available as a convenient option. To find out more about online giving, CLICK HERE.
- MEMBERSHIP: Could this be your next step? If you'd like to explore what it means to become a participating church member, contact Michael at: Michael.Kotsopoulos@themeetinghouse.com
- OPPORTUNITIES - your part in the family: We want you to know that you matter. God has given each one of us talents and gifts to help us serve one another and expand His kingdom. To help us know more about you and your unique gifts, please take a few moments to fill out the Opportunities questionnaire by clicking HERE.
- STEPHANIE'S MISSION ADVENTURE: Stephanie Konrad is our own homegrown missionary in Guatemala. CLICK HERE to read Stephanie's blog, where you can find all kinds of interesting info about her life as a missionary!
- CONNECT TEAM SCHEDULE: If you would like to be part of our Connect Team (Greeters, Info Table, Refreshments, Setup/Teardown) please speak to Janette Cridland.
- WORSHIP MINISTRY: we always welcome new members in worship ministry! If you are a musician or are interested in tech arts (sound, computer, video, etc) contact Ruth.Wright@themeetinghouse.com
- NURSERY FACILITIES: Nursery facilities are provided each Sunday for infants. Please help yourself to a few peaceful moments when you can focus on God and what He's saying to you by having your baby in child care.
Life was never intended to be lived in isolation. That's why our Home Churches meet regularly throughout the year and share life together. Home Church provides a safe place to journey through life and discover the love of God in a community that is invested in seeing real change take place.
Meeting in groups of 5-15, Home Churches focus on providing adults with an environment to study the Bible, share life, and pray for each other.
To find out more information about Home Churches, or to sign up for one CLICK HERE
Following the example of Jesus, we want to be known as those who come alongside to support, care for, and encourage each other. We financially support missionaries, who in turn care for people beyond our immediate reach. We are here to offer support, and to help you know that you are not alone. If we can be of support to you, please let us know. CLICK for our contact details.
The Meeting House Alliston began in 1997 as Faith Community Church. Throughout the years we have been inspired by the life and teaching of Jesus, and strive together to live the Jesus way of life. We also belong to a group of churches known as BIC Canada. The Meeting House and the BIC encourage us, support us, and help us be the best version of us that we can be. If you’re interested in learning more about BIC Canada or about The Meeting House, check out these links:
ALLISTON OUT OF THE COLD:
Out of the Cold provides safe, respectful and welcoming overnight accommodation and meals to those experiencing homelessness, from November to April. For more information check their website: https://allistonoutofthecold.life